Is this scenario familiar? You search the library catalog
for a book that you need and find that HPU libraries owns it.
Unfortunately, it’s checked out!
This is a frustrating situation that all library users face
from time to time. Did you know that you don’t have to
give up on the book, or keep checking until it’s returned?
You can put it on hold, and the library will contact you when
But how?” you ask. It’s easy—just follow
a few simple steps, and you’ll be on your way to obtaining
the materials you need.
1. Search the library catalog for the book that you need.
2. Once you have the book’s record look for the Save
to List icon at the top of the page. Click on it. You will
be informed that the book has been saved to your list.
3. Look for the Review List icon at the top of the current
page. Click on that icon. You will see a box containing the
title of your book.
4. Click on the check box beside the title. Look for the
Hold Request(s) button at the top of the page. Click on it.
5. You will be asked for your Patron ID Number and PIN number.
Your Patron ID is on the front of your UniCard (omit the
@ sign). Your PIN is set at the circulation desk. If you
it, put it in. If you don’t, go to the circulation desk
or call 544-0210 to set a PIN.
6. Click on the Submit Request button. You will be informed
of the status of your hold. The library will call when your
item has arrived.
It’s that easy! It is important to call the library at
544-0210 to make sure that your address and telephone number
are correct. The friendly staff at the Atherton and Meader
Library’s circulation desks are happy to help you!