* They have a lower risk of getting breast and colon cancer.
Meat eaters have a 10-times greater risk than pure vegetarians.
* Ninety percent of adult-onset diabetics can reduce, or
entirely eliminate their insulin injections while on a
* Millions of Americans get osteoporosis and have kidney
failure due to consuming excess animal proteins.
* Women who eat meat have chemical pollution in their
breast milk at levels 35 times higher than that of
Vegetarians are ecologically responsible.
* Seventy-five percent of our food-growing topsoil
in the United States has eroded due to farming and
* One acre of land growing broccoli will supply 10
times as much protein as an acre of land producing
* If land used for grazing cattle and raising feed
grains were for growing trees or fiber plants
to burn for energy,
be no need to import foreign oil.
* More than half of the water used in the United
States is used for livestock production.
* Water pollution from feedlots and feed grain
field runoff (manure, topsoil, pesticides,
fertilizer, etc.) contaminates
and rivers than do all the wastes from all
and industries combined.
Vegetarians are compassionate
* Vegans do not eat animal products and therefore
do not contribute to the suffering and
needless death of animals
raised for food.
* Every year in the United States, 10 billion
animals are killed for food.
* Veal calves are chained in crates to
prevent movement, and they are fed
iron-deficient food to make them
anemic in order
to keep their flesh pale.
* Egg-laying hens are debeaked and
raised in cages so small that they
* Fishing depletes fish populations,
disrupts vital food chains, and
forces marine mammals
birds to extinction