Fiction - 2,000 word limit.
Nonfiction, Creative Nonfiction, Memoir - 2,000 word limit.
Poetry - 1 poem (40-line limit).
Limit on Entries:
No more than one entry in each category. Writers may enter
more than one category if the appropriate entry fee is included.
$10 for each category entered (Checks only, payable to O‘ahu
Arts Center). Entries without a fee will not be forwarded to
$100, $75, and $50 for first, second, and third place for
Mail Entries to:
Elsha Bohnert, OAC Writing Contest Chair
P.O. Box 894735, Mililani, HI 96789
Deadline: Nov. 10, 2006 (Postmark)
• No names on any of the manuscript pages.
Attach a cover sheet with each entry that includes: category,
title, author’s name, word count/line count, address,
telephone number, and e-mail address.
All submissions must be typed and double-spaced on only one side
of standard white 8 ½” x 11” paper. Poetry
may be single-spaced.
• Only letter-quality computer printouts or clear photocopies are
• Do not send originals, as none will be returned.
• Do not send SASE. At the close of the contest, all manuscripts
will be destroyed.
• None of the entries will be published, and authors retain all
rights. Previously published work OK.
• Note: Entries that do not comply with these guidelines will not
be forwarded to the judges.
Only winners will be notified, and awards will be presented at
the O‘ahu Arts Center Holiday Celebration in December.